Saturday 25 May 2013

Maya Shatter Effects (Research)




I have a scene that is when the Virus hits the Castle Wall it will shatter however i cant do it in After Effects as i cant target the castle instead it is targeting the whole video. I also cant import Obj files also as my After Effects version is CS4. Hence i researched on Youtube on how to do shatter effect in Maya instead of After Effects. I found this tutorial attached above which taught me how to do up a shatter effect using nCloth and nPassiveCollider. I think this tutorial is clear cut and easy to understand however this effect is not applicable on all laptop as it require a good graphic card. I try to render on my comp a few times and it crash when i try to create nCache. Recalling Mr George once told me that Maya should actually never do in laptop as lots of Maya's stuff require a strong graphic card hence i make a trip down to the school and use the desktop to do this effect and it works. Through this tutorial i learnt how to create a shatter effect using Maya instead of AE.

No comments:

Post a Comment